Sunday 19 June 2016

Eye Tracking System Using Pattern Recognition Algorithm and LabView

As the technology advances, need for an interactive system has increased since then. A system which responds to bio signals transmitted by user is dream project of lot of scientist and engineers. Eye tracking is one of the essential components of that project. It is being employed in mobile phones and advanced computer for a plethora of applications.
Eye tracking requires vigorous image processing, as image constitutes various other variables apart from the eyes. All those variables are required to be filtered out and only the region of interest needs to be tracked down. Once a single image is filtered, a series of images are tested down for the same.
Our project has used these principles and implemented them using LabVIEW.
Initially user needs to define region of interest and later it tracks them in real time feed.

Here is the block diagrams, described individually there functions. We have used the vision tools available on LabView.

1.1 Continuous Acquisition

In this particular implementation, we have used Vision and motion basic palette functions like ‘Open camera’ and ‘Configure’.  
The output from the acquisition is divided in two parts. First to Snap, where the continuous stream is taken one frame at a time.

2.2 Snap (One frame at a time)

The Frame acquired is converted to grey scale image using ‘Cast Image’ block as shown in the figure. This image is saved in a local variable. Snap is taken only when the ‘Snap’ button is pressed by the user.
The image is saved in local variable.

2.3 Get ROI
The user then pressed Get ROI button, where separate widow pops up. Using the function ‘Select rectangle’, the eyes from the image is extracted and given to ROI descriptor. The ‘learn pattern’ function recognizes the ROI and saves it in a template.

2.4 Tracking
In this structure, the images are acquired directly from webcam, converted in grey scale using ‘Cast Image’. It is then carry forwarded to ‘IMAQ Setup Match Pattern’ where the template is matched with coming online feed, using ‘IMAQ match pattern 2’. Then we extract bounding box values and given to ‘IMAQ Overlay Rectangle’. This block will overlap the bounding box values on the online feed.  
The output generated is as follows:



Figure 1: The output of the eye tracking system.


The code will be available to blog followers upon request.

 

21 comments:

  1. Hi :) , could anyone send me the vi please ?? i need it to control a wheelchair using eye tracking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please mail your email id on electrobugs.95@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. Hey! Could you send me the vi as well? I am working on a research project that involves eye tracking but I cant get my vi to work right. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please mail your email id on electrobugs.95@gmail.com

      Delete
  3. Hi :) , I am an enginnering student and i need your help. I want to use your code to command a wheelchair with labview .But i have to add something to the code . I want when i blink my eye twice the wheelchair turn on and with 3 blink the wheelchair turn off and for the turn right and left i will use your code that you send it to me .
    Please could you help me with a vi that do that ?
    Email : mohamed.guenbri@esprit.tn
    Best regards

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need your code.dangvanhung20695@gmail.com.thanks you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need the code could you please mail me pallavisanthoshi@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello. Could you send me the code to study it please? thankyou. A01329463@itesm.mx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please can you send me the VI please, it is urgent, i need it for my project, i beg you

    ReplyDelete
  8. please can you send it to mkiwan996@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. please send me the block diagram anniravula@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. please send me the VI please pleaae please

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. phone number tracker

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was surfing the Internet for information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. mobile tracker app

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Always your article increase in my knowledge. I am become know about the cancellation payment. For further, I am also bringing a Home Remodeling Services in Cedar Park TX for beloved people. They can get it by click here, any time when they need to us.

    ReplyDelete

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is not difficult to impart the encounters to different educators and furthermore request the answers for different issues being looked by them in the class Using Gmail’s

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business. gps equipment tracking

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi I need the code I am making a project on eye tracking and recognition
    please email on -- vrund3008@gmail.com -- thanks and can you send it asap as my deadline is in 1 week

    ReplyDelete